Aquatic Invasive Species
Clean, Drain, Dispose and Dry The AIS Fact Sheet helps educate watercraft users on how to Clean, Drain and Dry watercraft and Dispose of bait to prevent the introduction and spread of AIS. The AIS Fact Sheet also provides information on the types of AIS species currently found in lakes in Chisago County. Thank you for taking the steps and helping to reduce the spread of AIS. What you do Matters...and it's Minnesota State law to Clean, Drain, Dispose!
Watercraft Inspection Program The Lake Improvement District actively works to minimize the spread of aquatic invasive species by conducting boat inspections at public water accesses. The Watercraft Inspection Program goal is to inform and educate watercraft users on the threats of AIS. Inspections are key to helping watercraft users understand how to prevent the spread of AIS by cleaning off weeds, dumping and replacing minnow bucket water, and removing the drain plug to let water drain from watercraft.
AIS in Minnesota
- 95% of lakes in Minnesota are not infested with AIS.
- 98% of lakes in Minnesota are not infested with zebra mussels.
Let's continue to work together to help prevent the introduction and reduce the spread of AIS in the Lake Improvement District. Visit the MN Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Infested Waters List for known locations of invasive species found in Minnesota lakes and rivers.
AIS Treatment Program The Lake Improvement District also provides cost share funds to lake associations for treatment of Eurasian Water Milfoil and Curly-leaf Pondweed to improve navigation for watercraft in area lakes.
- 2004 North Center Lake Aquatic Plant Survey
- 2004 South Center Lake Aquatic Plant Survey
- 2004 South Lindstrom Lake Aquatic Plant Survey
- 2005 Chisago Lake Aquatic Plant Survey
- 2005 Green and Little Green Lakes Aquatic Plant Survey
- 2005 North Lindstrom Lake Aquatic Plant Survey
- 2008 South Center Draft Point Intercept Survey
- 2009 South Center Draft Point Intercept Survey
- 2010 Chisago Point Intercept Survey
- 2010 South Center Point Intercept Survey Points
- 2010 South Lindstrom Draft Point Intercept Survey
- 2010 South Lindstrom Point Intercept Survey
- 2011 North Center Point Intercept Survey
- 2010 Watercraft Inspection Report - Chisago Lakes
- 2011 Watercraft Inspection Report - Chisago South Lindstrom
- 2011 Watercraft Inspection Report - Forest Lake
- 2012 Watercraft Inspection Report - Chisago Lakes
- 2014 Watercraft Inspection Report - Chisago Lakes
- 2015 Watercraft Inspection Report - Chisago County
- 2016 Zebra Mussel Prevention, Early Detection, Rapid Response Plan Draft
- Attachment A - DNR Zebra Mussel Fact Sheet
- Attachment B - 2015 Chisago County Watercraft Inspection Program
- Attachment C - 2015 Chisago County AIS Prevention Report
- Attachment D - AIS Detectors and Trackers
- Attachment E - Monitoring for Zebra Mussels MN AIS Research Center
- Attachment F - Zebra Mussel settlement sampler
- Attachment G - How to inspect a Zebra Mussel plant sampler